Sunday, April 15, 2012

Addie Turns Three

It seems like yesterday you were born. I barely blinked and now you are three.

Wasn’t it just yesterday the doctor was hooking me to Pitocin drip cranked up all the way? You were ten days late and your biophysical scores were a 2/8. The doctor said if the Pitocin didn’t do the job, she would perform a C-section that night. You finally cooperated and came in four intense hours. The doctor barely walked into the room in time to catch you (I guess she didn’t believe you were actually coming). You were 9lbs.5oz. and 22 ¼ inches. You have been off the charts for height ever since.

You have intense blue eyes and light blond hair. You have a smile that lights up your whole face.
You really have the sweetest heart. You pray for your sister who is in China. Apparently you don’t want a brother because you specifically prayed recently for “my sister, cause we don’t have any brudders here.”
You suck your third and fourth fingers. The dentist said we should break this habit when you turn three. Yikes! I don’t even know where to begin.
You can be kind of a stinker. Here is some of your handy work.
You love your sister with a fierce determination.
You have so much fun at school. They let you play in the mud and you come home filthy every day.
You are convinced you are six or seven (and you tell people that when they ask how old you are).
Happy Birthday Addie girl!


3 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Happy Birthday Addie! What a sweetheart :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that... Loved the post. We love Addie! she is such a precious, tall little girl. :) Good luck with the finger sucking thing. My parents had to put a non-removable retainer in my mouth to get me to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- I too remember when she was a new baby. I met you for the first time when she was just a few days old, I believe.. at Paige's baby shower. You told me your birth story and I about cried for you! You're tough!

    ReplyDelete